Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Potty Training Semi-Finals Round II

Well, I thought we would get at least a little bit of a break from all the trials of potty training, but apparently Z has other ideas.  His interest in the bathroom has been steadily increasing since Big Bro mastered (well, mostly) then fine art of using the loo. 

Z's interests started with turning the water on in the sink to see how wet he could get himself & our tiny bathroom before his personal policeman could get down the hall & rat him out.  His vandalism escalated to tossing the family's toothbrushes into the tub along with all his clothes & toys (his supervision obviously left him alone too long!!).  This was followed by his most recent fascination-unrolling the to into the potty.  We went through 3 rolls of toilet paper in 2 days!! 

However, his fascination must have produced potty vibes because he told me he needed to potty after his bath 2 nights ago & sat there straining until he put a few drips into the potty!  As shocked as I was, I still figured it was a fluke.  The surprised look on his face said he was shocked, too! :-)  The next day, he tried several times and managed to go twice.  We are still not to the training pants stage-he is still missing the opportune potty moment too many times.  But, I guess ready or not, potty training we come!!

He is waaay ready & has been telling me what pictures he wants on his big boy underpants.  I wonder how he is going to react to hand-me-down trainers with stars & dinos on them? 

1 comment: